Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Ferry ride to Saltspring Island Apple Festival

I am on the ferry to Salt Spring Island.  It is a nice trip.  And relaxing.  First a coffee, maybe a late..

I am really looking forward to tasting pieces of apple pie with different variety of apples.  Where else can you do that! Last time I was at the festival, there were 6 varieties of apple pie to choose from . This time there are likely going to be more varieties to choose from for tasting.  But before apple pie tasting, the community hall has to be set up with the more than 300 apple varieties.  I will have a table for setting up Quicklock trays and mason bee houses, and another table for "show and tell".  I will be doing a washing demo and show people how easy it is.

1 comment:

  1. Great Blog, Margriet! Thanks for alerting me to it with an e-mail. I need to get back to you about happening here in Colorado. You might check out my blog at http://beebarbeeranch.blogspot.com
    I don't talk exclusively about bees, but I do talk about agriculture and production a lot. Good luck and I'll be checking out the blog now.

    ReplyDelete