Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Great reports and photos

Hi Margriet...

I was fascinated with all the great reports and photos on latest blog...
thanks...and thanks to all those who share their experiences with these
little critters...However I didn't see the photo of   "red color on cell
surface"...<this story is on the next page>..I was delighted with the bumble bee story as I did enjoy daily
visits from bumbles to my plants on the little balcony and the hover fly
hunting for aphids ...learning about and watching the  Mason Bees has
encouraged me to sit quietly and was able to witness  other wonders more
carefully...including the weather...I have 3 nests filled and was awed when
the few bee I had were able to survive several cool wet days...this fall
will be my first experience harvesting and cleaning cocoons and I have a
milk carton with reeds to attached to the window frame hoping to encourage
bees hatching from my bedroom window weep hole next year (as they have done
for the past 4 years) to use reed nests.

Have a great summer

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment